Factors To Consider Before Getting ClearCorrect Aligners
What Is Clear Correct Aligner?
Are you avoiding regular braces because you do not want your mouth to be full of metal? It's natural to avoid traditional treatment options for uneven teeth when you are young and unsure of your self-image. Most teenagers in America get bullied in their school because of wearing metal braces. Your smile and oral health can both be affected by crooked or crowded teeth. Resolving these dental issues can improve your confidence while also protecting your teeth. Fortunately, you can say goodbye to these dental issues with the help of cosmetic dentistry treatment options like Clear Correct braces.
These latest transparent tooth braces are now a viable option for everyone. But what are Clear Correct braces exactly? ClearCorrect aligners are personalized removable braces that gradually realign the teeth. Nowadays, the majority of individuals choose clear aligners since they are convenient and do not alter or disrupt your daily routine.
How Does This Treatment Work?
ClearCorrect Aligner therapy is divided into four steps. These types of aligners are worn at all times except when you are eating, drinking, brushing, or flossing. They will not affect your day-to-day activities. The procedures involved in this treatment are as follows:
- Diagnosis and preparation: A full dental examination is the first step in the treatment process. Your dentist will take a 3D digital image of your teeth to see how they should move. The braces will be created according to the digital impressions of the patient’s teeth. Lastly, he will give you a sneak peek at what you may expect.
- The Main Phase of The Treatment: You will receive a series of aligners based on the choice you made. The Clear Correct aligner should be worn for a total of twenty-two hours. Throughout the treatment, you will see the dentist every six weeks to have the procedure monitored. Your teeth will gradually relocate with each adjustment of the aligner over time.
- Period of retention: After the previous procedure, your cosmetic or orthodontic dentist will provide you with a retainer that will help you maintain the new position. The length of time you should wear the retainer will be determined by our dentist.
Things To Consider Before Getting These Aligners
Here are the things you should consider before getting Clear Correct Aligners or Braces:
We hope our blog has helped you to learn more about the Clear Correct treatment option. If you need the best orthodontic services in Oklahoma City, OK, then please visit Royal Oak Family Dental. The dental needs of you and your family always come first for us.
- Speech Might Be Affected: When using clear aligners for the first time, most people have difficulty in talking and pronunciation for a few days. It's normal to have a lisp during the adjustment stage. Slowing down when speaking is the greatest approach to get around this.
- Chewing Gum Can Be Prohibited: During this treatment, patients are advised to avoid chewing gums and only drink water. This act can be counterproductive since the prosthesis should be worn for at least 22 hours a day.
- This Treatment Can Last Longer Than Expected: Many patients expect that this kind of treatment does not take much time. However, due to changes in various adjustments in the aligners or braces, most of them end up wearing braces for longer than expected.